Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wacky clothes, crazy hair, and more randomness

I have been so sick. Yesterday and all throughout the night I was running a fever. I kept sneezing, coughing, and my eyes were constantly watering. But, my job must go on. I still had things to do and places to go. My baby had a bad night last night too. It was a restless night. Thank goodness for my wonderful husband. When he got home from work, he got the kids up and got them ready and off to school. When I came downstairs at 9:30, Ben was entertaining Courtney and Myriam while loading the dishwasher. I think he does more dishes than I do. He is so good to help out around the house and with the kids. I love him so much. I couldn't ask for a better husband. I feel so blessed.

This weekend I am planning a homemade pizza party and movie night with just my little family. This time I'll be doing a snack bar, too. It will be a laid back weekend at home. I don't know if I'll be feeling well enough to want to leave the house anyway. I'm looking forward to the weekend.

The elementary school here is having daily themes for Dr. Seuss week. Today is wear green day. Tomorrow is Pajama day. Tuesday was crazy socks or slippers day. Monday was hat day. And yesterday was wacky clothes and crazy hair day. I tried to convince Marshall to let me put his hair in a ponytail on top of his head. He refused. He went with his normal Mohawk style. Mady, on the other hand, was all for it. We tried to get her hair to stick straight up at first. My sister did that for her daughter's hair last year for Dr. Seuss day at their school. She put a cup on top of her daughter's head and then piled the hair around it to get it to stick straight up. I tried it..... let's just say it didn't work. I tried to use the cardboard from a paper towel roll too. I ended up throwing it across the floor. A grown woman having a temper tantrum. It wasn't pretty. Talk about embarrassing! It's moments like these that when I look back on, it gives me motivation to try a little harder to be a little better. Too bad we can't all be perfect all the time, huh. ;)
Here are some pictures of Mady's hair and outfit. I love it! She said it was the best hair EVER! :)

Mohawk buns


This photo captures her personality. She is so funny.


She wanted to wear Myriam's baby legs on her arms. She wanted to wear them mismatched.
She can literally rock any hair style and outfit. She is gorgeous!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...