Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas Eve 2011

We spent Christmas Eve at home, other than Ben and Marshall leaving to go get pizza, and Ben and Courtney leaving to deliver Christmas goodies. We spent the evening cleaning up so Santa didn't trip over anything, we ordered pizza from Pizza Hut for dinner, the kids opened their Christmas Eve pajamas and a family gift, we baked cookies for Santa and set them out with a glass of milk, and we watched the king is born with the kids wearing their new pajamas and munched on popcorn. This was seriously the best Christmas ever. It was nice, relaxing, and we didn't travel except for to church. It is a tradition I have made since my kids were little that we stay home on Christmas and enjoy each others company watching movies, playing with new toys, and eating our traditional Christmas dinner rather than travel around. I had the luxury as a child to stay at home all day on most Christmas' and we all loved it! I wouldn't want it any other way. Anyone is welcome to come visit us, but we stay home that day. We usually do our visiting before Christmas or the day after Christmas.
More about our Christmas day on my next post.

This is what our tree looked like before Santa came.
Courtney got her gifts wrapped in the blue wrapping paper
Madison got her gifts wrapped in the silver wrapping paper
and Marshall got his gifts wrapped in the gold wrapping paper

The kids opening their Christmas Eve pajamas. I didn't get a snap shot of the kids standing together in their Christmas Eve pajamas.
Marshall got Mario pajamas, Madison got Tinker Bell pajamas and Courtney got Dora the Explorer pajamas!

The kids opening the family gift

Our family gift: The Classic Fairy Tale Treasury Book


Next post, Christmas Day...... Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Rachael Cook said...

Jamie, You are such a sweet, kind, loving mother. Your kids are getting so big, Marshall is so tall. Him and Michael are starting to look alike. It's so cute. Michael is tall for his age too. I can't believe you are getting so close to have your baby, that is crazy. I bet Ben is so excited. We are wanting another baby too. It has been 6 1/2 years since I've been pregnant. So we'll see how it goes. We are going to start Artificial Insemination next month. I'm nervous but pretty excited. I have been waiting over 3 years for this. My boys have been asking almost everyday for a year if we can have another baby. it's so cute. I'll have to come and visit you when your baby comes. I miss you like crazy. I wish we lived closer together, so we could visit more. We should meet in SLC one day, and have a girls day, go out to lunch and maybe a movie. I haven't decided If I'm going to document the baby thing yet or not, still thinking about it. But I'll def keep you updated. I am so happy for you guys. you look so happy, and you seem like you are doing so well. Your house is so cute too. BTW< i wanna see some belly pics. PS. Madison is turning into a mini-you, she looks so grown up, and she is so gorgeous. You have such cute kids. love ya girl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...