Wednesday, May 1, 2013

And the knee says no



Courtney, Myriam and I headed up to Provo this afternoon for a doctors appointment for myself.
As I have stated in some of my previous posts, I have started running. I must have pushed myself too hard last week because my knee started hurting. I gave it a few days of rest, and tried to go running with one of my friends yesterday. I barely made it home. When I did make it home, I called and made an appointment for today with and orthopedic doctor.
My knee was killing me the rest of the day. I haven't felt pain like that in a long time. It was excruciating. I could barely walk let alone make it up the stairs throughout the day.  By night time, it became worse. After a long day, I lay in bed with the throbbing pain. No matter which way I positioned my knees, it hurt. After carefully tossing and turning several times, I finally gave in and took some pain medicine. I don't resort to taking medicine unless I absolutely need it. I'm weird like that. I lied down on my back and propped my legs up on a couple fluffy pillows while letting the pain medicine kick in. I was finally able to drift off to sleep after that. By morning, the pain was much much better, but still hurting.
At the doctor's office, I was given x-rays. They looked normal. The doctor said my knee is really inflamed so he put me on and anti inflammatory prescription. I have to take it for 3 months. I was given a cortisone shot, and I have to do physical therapy as well. He said if the pain isn't going away in 3 weeks, I have to get and MRI to see if it's cracked.
When the doctor gave me the cortisone shot in my knee, Courtney looked horrified. She plugged her ears, and started trembling in fear. I felt so bad for her. I'm not gonna lie, it hurt. I tried to get her to hold my hand so I could be brave while he gave me the shot, but she refused. She didn't want to get near me. Myriam just kept giving all the people who helped me weird looks. She didn't understand why all these different people were touching her mama. She stayed in her stroller the whole time. She was such a good girl, thanks to Courtney being a big helper and pushing her around the room for me.
After 2 hours at the doctor's office, we finally left for home.
So, I can't run for awhile. I'm not sure how long I'll be out of the running game. I'm super bummed out. I will be doing lots of upper body workouts in the meantime.
 I bought these bad boys last week. I am in love with them. They will be taking a break for a min while my body heals. Once my knee heals, I have to start back up slow.
Now that summer is approaching quickly, I itch to get out into the wilderness. I itch to run, to hike, to sweat.
Hopefully I will heal quickly, and will be back on the pavement and trails soon enough.
Nothing will keep me down.
Prayers are welcomed and very much appreciated.

6 comments:

Bre said...

Yikes! That's no fun. Rest up, and hopefully you feel better soon.

Jamie said...

Thanks girl! :)

Ashley said...

oh no!! :( i hope you get better really fast!! :) prayers your way! love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get
a lot of spam responses? If so how do you prevent it,
any plugin or anything you can advise? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any assistance is very much appreciated.

Also visit my webpage :: pozycjonowanie

Jamie said...

Thanks Ash, love ya too! :)

Jamie said...

Hi, I do get a few spam comments, but those are mainly saved in a spam folder. Most of the time I have to approve the spam comments before they can be published. Any spam that comes to my blog gets deleted. I'm not sure how to set up having the spam go into a spam folder, it just came standard with my account. Sorry I couldn't help you out more. Good luck with getting the spam under control on your blog!
Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...