Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy 4TH Birthday Courtney! Your letter included.

Courtney turned 4 on February 17th! I cannot believe that she is already 4! Time sure does fly.
Courtney got surprised with a few things on the morning of her birthday. I set everything up after she went to bed the night before her birthday, so everything was ready for her in the morning.
1- Yellow Lily Flowers
2- Presents


3- Doughnuts
4- (most importantly) GUM

5- Her Birthday Dress

6- A big princess balloon


7- a balloon surprise
Courtney had told me she wanted lots of balloons on her birthday.

Courtney LOVED her birthday morning surprises. Her favorite thing was the cheapest thing; the gum of course. She is so silly. Madison, on the other hand, was quite upset that morning. The attention was all on Courtney that morning and Madison didn't like that one bit.

I have been letting my kids open their gift in the morning rather than wait until their birthday party. If they have more than 1 gift, they get to open one in the morning and the rest at their birthday party.
So, here is Courtney opening her first present of the day.



A Belle dolly before she grew up. Courtney decided that Belle was 4 just like her.



Courtney said that when she turned 4 she wouldn't suck her thumb anymore because she would be a big girl then. Well.... the no thumb sucking didn't last long. I think it was like 9:30 am here. :)

I love giving my kids loves!

More loves!

Silly girl!

Courtney and Bennie had to get their morning ritual routine in of playing :)

Courtney wanted to take the camera and do a photo shoot. So, here are some of her photos from her photo shoot of Bennie.



We have a bunch of geeks living in our house ;) and I wouldn't have it any other way.

End of Courtney's photo shoot, lol.

I had it all planned out to make a Belle doll cake. Some unexpected things happened, and I didn't make the cake for her :(. Oh well, maybe next year. Walmart bakery did a great job.

Here is some of my family at Courtney's birthday party. We just ended up doing a simple, little birthday party for her. She had a blast!

I gave my Mom the camera to take pictures of Courtney blowing out her candles. Bennie was recording. My Mom didn't know how to use the camera, so we ended up with this 1 photo.

So, we had her go in the kitchen to blow out her candles again :)

Hmmm...... I wonder who got into the cake??

Guilty as charged! ;)
Courtney was leaning over her cake and got some frosting on her dress. She came up to me to show me. I couldn't help but take a picture. She makes me laugh.

Courtney, Madison, and their cousin Kallie

Opening more presents.
A princess bike helmet and a little bell for her bike that she got for Christmas.

A gumball machine.
After Ben took this picture he showed it to me. We laughed and laughed. Courtney was being a bit annoyed here with her cousin. Her facial expression is hilarious!

She got a tub full of gumballs for her gumball machine.
Ben and I have had to sneak a few to bribe our little primary class with. Shhhhhh..... don't tell Courtney! ;) Really though, she has been a champ about sharing with us.

Makeup!
She LOVES makeup. She takes after her big sister.
After she opened her gifts from us, she asked why we didn't get her makeup. Little did she know, she had makeup waiting for her from her Aunt Cody, Uncle Steve, and cousins Wes, Shy, and Dakota.
She asked for makeup this year for her birthday, so when my sister asked me what she wanted and I told her makeup, my sister thought I was insane.

More makeup!

And even more makeup!
She was thrilled!

Madison and her cousin Kallie playing with makeup. Girls.... they are so silly!
That green thing behind Madison in my caboodle from when I was a little girl. When the kids and I were down at my parent's house the other day, my girls found my old caboodle and had so much fun playing with it. They came upstairs with old-school roller skates on and started playing with the caboodles. They had my sister's old caboodle, too. Grandma and Grandpa's house is always so much fun.
We brought my caboodle home and the girls love it! It fits all their play makeup in their perfectly.

Courtney, Kallie, Shyanne, and Madison playing with Courtney's new gumball machine.

I had Ben snap a photo of my belly. I was just about 8 months pregnant here.

I love love love love this! Courtney is SO silly and beautiful! That's a good combination to be!


After the party was over, and the girls left with their Dad and Step mom, Marshall decided he would put Courtney's bike helmet on to be silly!

He ended up getting it stuck on his head. I had to help him get it off, lol. Silly boy!


Courtney,

You are such a little jewel. I love you more than words can express.
You are still my little snuggle-buddy. You still say that you are my baby. You tell me that you will be my baby even when you are a Mommy. When I asked you the other day if you are my big baby and if your new little sister in my belly is my little baby, you replied by saying, "No, I am your little baby and she is your big baby". Courtney, I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
You always know just how to make me laugh and smile. I am so blessed that you chose me to be your Mommy. I am so blessed that you are my daughter for all eternity.
Courtney, don't ever forget what great worth you are. You are a daughter of God. You are a Queen and deserve to be treated like one. One day you will grow up and get married. Never forget to treat him like your King, and never expect to be treated like anything less than his Queen.
You are so smart and intelligent. Put your intelligence to good use throughout your life. I just know you will go far. Never speak ill of people for everyone is fighting a hard battle of their own. Never judge. Speak kind and gentle words. Help others as often as you can. Service is very important. Pray often. Heavenly Father loves you and always wants to hear from you and help you. He wants a close relationship with all of his children. Serve God. Always say what you need to say. Never hold back. Never forget to stand up for what you believe is right. Share your testimony with others often. Let your beauty shine. A good attitude is so important. You are beautiful. Never let anyone make you feel like you are not. Never give up on anything that is right. Smile every day. Laugh every day. Love with all your heart. There will be people in life that will hurt you. Learn from them. Always forgive. I wish I could protect you from ever being hurt, but unfortunately I can't always protect you from being hurt. I will always be here to comfort you and help you get through anything that you face. Especially remember that God is always here to help you through anything as well. He knows what you are going through more than anyone else, so pray for his guidance often. I can only imagine how hard it is for Heavenly Father to see us struggle down here at times. Remember how it felt when you were hurt, and learn from it. You are loved by so many. You are so important to so many. One day you will be a Mommy. I know you will be an amazing Mommy. Never forget to tell your kids and husband how much you love them each and every day. Kiss them every chance you get.
Ben, your siblings, and I will always be here for you. We will always love you. There are and will be many more people here for you, too. You have so much support from so many people that love you so much. Use that support when you need. Never let pride get in the way. You are amazing. You are talented. You are special. You are kind. You are loving. You are beautiful. You are smart. The list goes on an on. You can go as far in life as you desire, and I know you will go far. Thank you for blessing my life more than I could have ever imagined.
I love you so much, Courtney, always have, always will!

Love,

Mommy


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Courtney! I love her dress . It is beautiful on a beautiful girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...