Saturday, September 15, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday Madison! Your letter included!

Okay, so I know that I am a bit behind on my blogging. Mady turning 6 on July 25th. I hope to do better as this is a journal for my family to look back on and reminisce on our memories together.
I honestly cannot believe that Mady is already 6. She is in 1st grade. She goes to school all day now. It's hard for me to let her grow up so fast, but I know I have to.
On Mady's birthday we spent the day with just us. I did a little photo shoot of Mady. She just loved it. Then we let her open her presents, and then headed up to Build-a-Bear where she created her very own teddy bear. She named her Sara, and she sleeps with her every night.
We had a birthday party for her with her cousins and friends the day after her birthday. We reserved the city building. They did fun activities, and they had a couple bounce houses set up. She had a fun birthday full of smiles and laughter.
 
Madison,                                                                                                                                                  
You have grown so much over the past year. You are becoming more independent as the days go on. It is a bittersweet thing for Mommy to see. I just want you to stay little forever. I want you to enjoy the innocence of childhood for it will be over before you know it. On the other hand, it is so much fun seeing you grow. You have lost your cute little chubby baby cheeks. You are looking more and more grown up by the day. I love you more than words can express.
Here are some words of advice I have for you:
1. Never try to be someone you're not. 
2. Stay true to yourself, and remember that you are loved.
3. Never let anyone define who you are. You decide who you are, and you define yourself.
4. When you get older, you will date. Let the boys pay for your date and hold the door for you. It is not old fashioned to be a gentlemen, so let the boys you date be gentlemen.
5. Remember to dance in the rain.
6. Smile every single day even if you don't feel like smiling.
7. Never ever doubt your self worth.
8. Never forget that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you more than we can comprehend. Kneel down and pray often. Even if you don't think your prayers are being heard, pray anyway. I promise you that you ARE being heard. Never doubt.
9. I cannot promise you that you will never face hard times in your life, but I CAN promise you that you will never face those hard times alone.
10. Your parents and siblings love you more than words can express. We are always here for you. You have 4 parents who want to be here for you every step of the way.
11. Share your talents with other, for you have many talents. You especially have a beautiful singing voice. 
12. You will only go as far as you push yourself, so push yourself hard. There will be days where you feel like giving up. Remember who that is making you feel like giving up, and be assured that it is not Heavenly Father because He wants you to succeed. 
13. Enjoy the simple things in life.
14. A beautiful face doesn't make someone beautiful, it's a beautiful soul that defines beauty. So be happy, enjoy life, and let your beauty shine. You are beautiful inside and out.
15. The LDS church IS the true church. Many people will try to stray your beliefs, but never doubt the truth in this gospel.
16. Be kind
17. Love with all your heart. Even if you get hurt, love with all your heart. A life without full love is not a life at all.
18. Choose your friends wisely
19. Share your testimony as often as possible. Even if people get offended, share it anyway.
20. Look at life with an eternal perspective. It will make life's trials more bearable. I love you more than life itself. I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.
 
Love, Mommy
 
 
I just got done reading Madison her letter, and this is what she had to say, "Mom, when can I play with Addison? Oh, and I LOVE IT!"
 Ha ha! She will find more meaning in it when she is older and can comprehend all that is being said.
She makes me smile Every. Single. Day.
 
 
 







Mady and Courtney are in love with red lipstick. I let them wear it for special occasions.


Mady washing her build a bear


Sara is all decked out with an outfit, shoes, backpack, sunglasses and bows for her ears.
Welcome to the family Sara :)
 
 

Her Kit-Kat cake was so much fun, and so easy to make. Yes, there is real cake in there ;)
Happy 6th to my favorite Mady in the world :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...