Saturday, November 13, 2010

First post

Well this is officially my first post on this blog! It's 1 in the AM, so it's not going to be much. No pictures this time; I'll get to that soon. I have been on a little freak streak for the past couple days. Everywhere I look I see all these cute cakes. Yesterday Courtney (she's my 2 year old) and I were browsing good ol' Walmart for some ribbon, and I came across the Wilton cake decorating isle. I picked up a 2011 Wilton yearbook, and a book for beginners. I have been reading that magazine since I bought it. So, I decided why not give it a try. I went on a little crazy shopping spree today and spent.... well, let's just say way too much money.... After a little begging, Ben finally gave in, and will be helping me give it a try tomorrow. Okay.... so no begging was involved. He was all for it from the beginning. He's such a great trooper. So, tomorrow we will be a bit ambitious, and make our first fondant cake. I'm excited to see how it turns out! Pictures will definitely be posted. I'm sure the kids will have fun helping us out. We will be doing it all from scratch, so lots of flour faces and buttercream iced hands in the kitchen tomorrow.... I think I'm getting sick though, so I hope that doesn't keep me away from our adventurous day tomorrow.
My next adventure will be scrapbooking. I've put that off basically forever. Okay, not basically , it really has been a long time. I have made 1 scrapbook since becoming a Mommy almost 7 years ago, and that's just because I bought the scrapbook already decorated, and put together. All I had to do was simply add the pictures.... Or maybe I'll take up sewing. They are both expensive hobbies, so only one hobby at a time- thank goodness.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...