Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend and more

I was having a rough weekend this past weekend, so my Husband came home from work Sunday morning and made me breakfast in bed: a sausage, ham, and cheese omelet with toast. It was Yum-o! Also, he got me some beautiful, colorful flowers. It was just what I needed to cheer my spirit up. He is the absolute BEST!! 



Saturday night Ben and I took the kids to The Mayan for dinner.
I used to not like their food. I guess they changed their food when they did their remodel. The food was really good this time around.
The last time that the kids went to The Mayan they were too little to remember. It was Ben's first time there. We all had a blast. Courtney was scared of the Dindian (Indian). They loved the divers and other performers. We were on the top floor eating. Once we were done eating we went to get a front row shot of the divers. We even got splashed :) It was a fun night.
Marshall sitting inside the snakes mouth.


Madison and Courtney outside the restaurant sitting inside of the snakes mouth.

Madison and Marshall watching the performers at the restaurant
I took these pictures with my camera phone, so the quality is not that amazing ;)

As I write, Marshall is downstairs cleaning the basement so he can get his bike riding privileges back for today since he lost them this morning. Mady is playing with Ben and he is giving her airplane rides, and last but not least, Courtney is helping Marshall clean the basement because she is the sweetest 3 year old girl I know. Mady dolled Courtney up this afternoon. She has a side ponytail. It is super-stylish. Her cheeto'd up face makes her look all the cuter! :) 

We haven't had family home evening in awhile. We are such slackers. Tonight for dinner: Taco Soup with homemade Pico de Gallo- recipes compliments of Our Best Bites. (Click on the links if you would like the recipes. If you have not checked out this website, you SO NEED too!) After dinner, for FHE, we are going on a nature walk to find some of the beautiful things that God has created for us. For dessert: Halloween cupcakes with orange frosting with sprinkles.
I just love days like these.
I feel like the luckiest woman ever to have my children and husband. I'm so thankful for all of my many blessings that God has given to me and my family. Life definitely has it's struggles, but I know that together we can make it through anything.
The past 2 years of my life have been the hardest, most wonderful 2 years of my life. I have been lower than low, and higher than high. I have learned more than I thought possible. I look forward to my future. It's time to look forward and not behind. The past is history, the future is a mystery, but today is a gift. Life is too short to live with regrets. So, make peace with your regrets and move on to a better future. I have done a lot of writing lately. I hope to one day share some of those writings with y'all.

the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime
Do these lyrics sound familiar?

The End! :)

Update:
We had to make a Halloween cake for dessert instead of cupcakes because I ran out of cupcake liners and didn't buy more. Oops. Ben baked the cake and Ben and the kids decorated the cake. We told the kids that if they went to bed good tonight, and didn't get out of bed for little silly things, then they would get another piece of cake tomorrow. So far so good. They have all stayed in bed thus far other than the norm bathroom runs. Even though we have them use the bathroom before bed, it never fails that they "conveniently" have to go potty another 500,000 the hour after they get put to bed.
Here is Ben and the kids masterpiece. 
It was oh so good

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...