Friday, December 23, 2011

Sleep is overrated..... right?

I wanted to post about my son's 8 birthday, but I didn't. I wanted to post about my son seeing his biological father for the first time since he was 2, but I didn't. I wanted to post about my favorite Christmas decorations on our tree, but I didn't. I wanted to pass out some yummy treats to all of my neighbors, friends and family here in town, but I didn't. I wanted to go over my budget, but I didn't. I wanted to get some sleep the past few nights, but I didn't. I wanted to stay home and relax on Christmas Eve with my family, but I can't. I wanted to make some changes to my traditional Christmas dinner this year, but I won't. This year I wanted to do an elegant, candle lit dinner for our family Christmas dinner, but I won't. I wanted all of my kids to feel bright and cheery on Christmas morning, but not all of them will to their fullest. I wanted to be done with Christmas shopping by now, but I'm not. I wanted to have all the Christmas wrapping done by now, but it's not.
The fact is that I'm a bit sleep deprived and overwhelmed.
This month we have basically lived at the children's pediatrician office, and had a glorious trip to the ER to top it off.
Over the course of a month, my girls have had strep throat. Courtney needed stitches. And Madison has had crazy high fevers of 104 since Tuesday. We have made 2 trips to the pediatrician's office over the past couple of days, she has been swabbed for strep throat twice- which came back negative, and the best guess from the doctor is that she has mono. She will probably be sick on Christmas day. Needless to say, there have been many many many many sleepless nights and exhausting days at our home.
However, it could be worse, so I'm thankful to deal with what we are dealing with and I'm thankful that it's nothing worse. I feel so bad for my kids as they are the victims of the sickness and owies around here.
So, my Christmas wish is that my kids will all be well and cheery come Christmas morning, and we can all have a relaxed, much needed, laid back, glorious Christmas day remembering the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
I'm sure this will be my last post before Christmas, and maybe even before the New Year, so Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...