Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Homemade Granola Bars

I wanted to make a quick snack for the kids when they got home from school. I remembered pinning a granola bars recipe on Pinterest, so I looked it up and got to work.
It was seriously one of the most easiest things I have ever made (well, excluding the good ol' Pb&J sandwiches ;) )
I didn't have honey on hand like the recipe called for, so I decided to substitute it with dark Karo syrup. It worked out great!
Here is the link to the original recipe that I went off of: http://www.laurenslatest.com/no-bake-chocolate-chip-granola-bars-easy-healthy/
These are so much better than store bought. 
Ready for a delicious and easy recipe? OK, here we go!

I doubled the recipe, so the ingredients I'm giving is with a doubled batch. For a smaller batch, you'll want to half the ingredients. 

First mix together 4 cups of quick oats, and 2 cups of rice krispies 

Next: In a small saucepan, heat up 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup (1 cube) butter, and 1/2 cup Karo syrup (or honey) over medium high heat until it comes to a bubble. Reduce heat and cook 2 minutes. Add 1 tsp vanilla to syrup mixture. Note: To keep the syrup or honey from sticking to the measuring cup, spray it with non-stick cooking spray first.

When syrup mixture is done, pour over dry ingredients.

Add to other ingredients 2 Tbsp of chopped chocolate chips, or mini chocolate chips




Mix well to moisten all ingredients


Pour into lightly greased cookie sheet and spread the mixture out evenly

If they are having a hard time sticking together, pop them in the freezer or fridge for about 20 minutes.

And there you have it! As my daughter Mady would say: Easy peasy lemon squeezy :)


2 comments:

Ashley said...

mmmmmmmm I think I am definitely going to be making this soon!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thankѕ for shaгіng youг infо.
Ι truly apprеcіate yοuг effortѕ аnd
I wіll be waiting for your neхt pоst thanks onсe аgain.
Feel free to visit my web page - http://bookmark.i-for-you.com/story.php?title=3-bad-reasons-for-rhinoplasty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...