Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My "anywhere sleeper", early morning, and some Christmas cheer


This girl is so silly! She can sleep anywhere. Literally. When she is tired, she crawls up and gets all comfortable and sucks her thumb until she falls asleep. In this particular picture, she decided that the best spot for her was right in the living room/hallway and kitchen. Not just one room. Oh no. She had to take up both spots at once. Right in the walking path.

Today as I was cleaning up the kitchen, Courtney decided that she wanted to help me clean. She usually loves to help me clean the kitchen. So, I gave her a dish rag and she decided she wanted to clean the outside of the fridge. She had me lift her up to get the upper part of the fridge.
Once the kitchen was clean, and it was time to start dinner, she decided that she wanted to color. So, she pulled out the craft bucket and all of her coloring supplies and started coloring away right on the kitchen floor, keeping me company while I cooked some chicken enchiladas.
Once she was done coloring, she got up and said with a yawn, "I'm tired. I'm going to take a nap." She's so silly. I replied, "I want to take a nap, too!"

Today started off way to early for my liking. It started at 6. Courtney woke up to use the bathroom. All of the sudden I hear her coming in my room saying there was no toilet paper. I told her to just go get some toilet paper from my bathroom. She did as I instructed, and after she was done, she came to lay down with me. All of the sudden I hear her sweet voice say, "Mommy, I need to change my underwear. I got poop in my underwear." So, off we went to get her all changed and cleaned up a little better. It's not that she didn't make it to the bathroom in enough time. What had happened is when she pulled up her underwear to let me know that their bathroom was out of toilet paper, some streaks got in her underwear. I guess that's what I get for not making sure that the kids bathroom is stocked up on toilet paper. Oops! What can I say, you live and you learn. Also, she only had one more clean pair of underwear left. Yep, I'm a laundry slacker. Big time. But you already knew that. So, I gathered up all the undies and put a load in the wash at the early hour of 6.
Once we were up, there was no point in going back to sleep. We were both wide awake. Soon after, Madison made her way down and then Marshall. Lets just say the kids were ready for school extra early today and Courtney's hair was done before the other 2 took off to school. That like never happens.

Just a little something to throw out there- I'm super excited for Christmas. I want to set up my tree like.... yesterday. It seriously is the most wonderful time of the year.
Just a few things I'm excited for this holiday season:
*All of my kids being home on Christmas day
*Making our traditional Christmas dinner
*Seeing the lights at temple square with my family
*Making Christmas cards
*Baking holiday treats with my family
*Setting up the Christmas tree and decorating the house all festive with my family
*Fulfilling our Christmas Eve tradition of watching The King is Born and baking Santa cookies with my family
*But most of all, talking about the true meaning of Christmas with my family

As you can tell, I'm not someone who is opposed to listen to Christmas music, set up the Christmas tree (which I have never done before Thanksgiving), and talk about Christmas before Thanksgiving has a chance to come and go. Some people think that it's disrespectful to the Thanksgiving holiday to even speak of Christmas one second before Thanksgiving is over. To those people I say that is so not true. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays as well. I've been looking forward to it all year long. :)
Happy Holidays to you all.

2 comments:

Nat said...

My kes woke up with the pukes at 5 this morning. Ugh. Too early. It's now 8:30, and we're all still in our jammies!

I'm not one of those Thanksgiving/Christmas Nazis, either. However, I don't think I'll ever put up the Christmas decor before Thanksgiving. I hate how there's not many Thanksgiving decorations available. But, I did listen to Christmas music on the radio yesterday. It's so much nicer than the regular "noise" they always play. Oh, and I am done with my Christmas shopping. Wahoo! That will make both Thanksgiving and Christmas less stressful.

Wow. This is the longest comment ever. I should get some kind of medal! Ha ha ha!

Have a great day, and I hope you get a nap! :)

Jamie said...

Awe, bummer! The pukes are the absolute worst! I hope you all are feeling better!
You are smart to have all of your Christmas shoppind done early! Mine will (fingers crossed) hopefully be allll done the day after Thanksgiving. I am one of those black Friday sale freaks.
Thanks for the comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...