Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sundance and more

The kids playing on the wet grass waiting to get in line for the ride.

I love that my kids are such close friends.

Playing chase.

I made sure the kids used the bathroom before we left the house. I made sure to ask them again if they needed to use the restroom at the restaurant where we ate dinner and at Mady's dance studio when we picked her up from dance class to head up. The girls used the bathroom a million times and I'm proud to say all 3 kids had dry pants when we got home. :)  My fear was them being on the ride and crying because they had to go potty.

The moon was breathtaking. We were up super duper high.

Ben, the kids, and I went to Sundance last night for the full moon lift ride. The kids basically had 2 outfits, a coat, a hat, snow boots, and a blanket on to keep them warm. Even with all those layers, they still got cold. It was freeeeezing! We all had a blast though. If you are scared of heights (like I am) I totally do NOT recommend this ride for you. I was afraid most of the time. I thought they would buckle us in, but nope, they just had a bar to go over the seat. The bar didn't even touch our laps. I spent the whole 45 min ride gripping the girls with my dear life and never allowing them to lean forward. Ben and Marshall were on the seat in front of the girls and I. I won't be going back with the kids until they are much older. Tonight is the last night for the ride, so if you wanna go, get up there tonight! Next year I'll just go with my honey and snuggle with him the whole time. :) However, we had fun and we all made it home safe and sound. We didn't get home until 10:15.... YIKES! Luckily the kids fell asleep at 9:30 on the ride home. They didn't want to wake up for school today. If Courtney didn't have tumbling this morning, I probably would have just taken them in late. I know, I should get slacker mom of the year award. ;)
If you have not woke up in the middle of the night to puke then you have not lived my friend. I'm telling you, it is awesome. Really though, it totally sucks. I'm still feeling sick almost every single day. I'm afraid I may have to go the whole spankin' 9 months feeling sick. But ya know what, it's completely worth it.
So, mine and Ben's 1 year anniversary is coming up in about a month and a half. Any ideas of where we should go for our anniversary? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to NYC. I've always wanted to go there, but that will have to wait. Our extra funds are being saved up to go towards Christmas right now. Maybe next year!
I put a roast in my crock pot this morning. The fragrance is making me hungry. Almost immediately after I seasoned that thing up and put the lid on the pot, I realized that I have plans up north from the time my son gets out of school until like 9 tonight. Oopsie. If someone knows where my brain ran off to, please return it to me safe and sound. P.S. Trust me, you don't want to steal it. Returning it to me is best. It is defective and doesn't work right! ;-p

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...