Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Wonderful Saturday and the dreadful news


Ben and I had date night last Saturday. It doesn't happen often. Our kids keep us plenty busy making it a challenge to have a date night. But, that's fine by us. This stage in our life will pass all too quickly. I am enjoying this stage in my life.
Ben surprised me Saturday morning with flowers and a note that morning that read:
"Jamie, thank you for being perfect. You are so BEAUTIFUL!!! I love you more and more each day. You are a GREAT mom!!! And you are the best wife ever!!! Please remember that I love you with all my heart!!! I can not wait until we get to go out together tonight. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!!!"
I adore my sweet husband. I feel very blessed that I have such an awesome best friend.
Saturday was a busy day. Our neighbors invited us to their baby's blessing, we had a birthday party to go to, and then it was off to the temple. After the temple we went to the mall and watched Safe Haven. Such a good movie. Then we ate a late dinner at The Brick Oven.

 ***************

On Sunday night we got some dreadful news. Our nephew, Ben's brother's 3 year old son, was climbing on a dresser. It was holding an old, heavy TV on it. The TV and dresser landed on top of him. The TV landed on his head. He was life flighted to Primary Children's Hospital. He will be there for about a week. He had bruising on his brain. The bleeding has cleared up and was minimal so they are not concerned about that. He has 2 fractures above his eyes, a fractured cheek, a broken nose, and 2 black eyes- one of which is swollen shut. I feel so bad for him. He is blessed to be alive. He definitely had angels watching over and helping him that dreadful day. Please keep Kekoa McQuivey in your prayers. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...